Penang Adventist Hospital is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Cardiovascular Technologists position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Conducts electrocardiogram, phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, and stress tests by using electronic test equipment, recording devices, and laboratory instruments.
- Assists physicians with cardiac cauterizations by operating multi-channel physiologic monitor; measuring and recording functions of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems of patient during cardiac cauterizations; alerting physicians to instrument readings outside normal ranges during the procedures; and providing test results.
- Helps physicians with diagnosis of pulmonary disorders by conducting tests of pulmonary systems using spirometer and other respiratory testing equipment if needed.
- Provides information by maintaining Cath laboratory records, such as, examinations performed and findings;
- Maintains cardiology and pulmonary equipment and supplies by cleaning and adjusting equipment; troubleshooting problems; ensure preventive maintenance is done; reporting equipment malfunctions; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom.
- Maintains quality results by following standards and procedures; submitting reports to manager.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Serves and protects the health care facility by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, and local requirements, and Joint Commission International Accreditation requirements.
- Enhances health care organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Monitors patient progress; identify & act on changes to insure patient comfort and safety;
- Adheres to hospital policy in correctly identifying patients and in labeling their charts/documents or specimens;
- Registers and identify patients by confirming patient identification using two identifiers; reviewing consultation orders; checking for special instructions; consulting with the physician; entering anticipated services to patient log.
- Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; explaining equipment and testing procedures; instructing and assisting patient in assuming physical position for examination.
- Degree in Cardiovascular Technology or
- Possess Graduate Certificate in Cardiovascular & Thoracic Sciences (CVTS) with the following qualification : Degree in Biomedical Science, Degree or Diploma in Nursing, Diploma in Medical Assistant or its equivalent
- For Nursing background, valid registration with a current valid annual practising certificate (APC) under Malaysian Nursing Board is an added advantage
- Possess valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification is an advantage)
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in current Cardiovascular Technology practices
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Penang.