NKF-Yayasan Buah Pinggang Kebangsaan Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for CKD Nurse Coordinator position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Job Description for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Nurse
The CKD nurses’ task is to implement and coordinate clinical activities following patient care plans in order to improve health outcomes of CKD patients by:
· Delaying the progression of kidney failure
· Preparing patients for long-term care option
The CKD nurse provides an education that is responsive to the patient's needs to optimize health, enhance understanding of health status, and engage the patient in managing their health while anticipating challenges and barriers. Communication skills are essential in this position to work well with other healthcare professionals (GP Clinics, Hospitals, Klinik Kesihatan), patients, and patient's families. They must be willing to work in a fast-changing environment, work independently, be able to multi-task, and troubleshoot problems in practical ways consistent with Nursing Care standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Educate and assist patients and families in existing care plans, self-care management, and treatment options including:
· Blood Pressure control
· Glycaemic control
· Medication compliance
· Supporting lifestyle changes (diet, physical activity)
· Types of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) available
2. To create and enhance the linkages with primary care, which are involved in managing the CKD population in the community setting by conducting:
· Primary care visits, educational sessions, "meet the team" sessions
· GP clinic visits, awareness sessions, and keep a running list of relevant contacts/resources
3. To organize by ensuring the smooth operation of the clinic by:
· Receiving referrals from GP Clinics, Hospitals, and Klinik Kesihatan
· Screening for the right patient before admission
· Arranging appointment as needed
4. Documentation of activities:
· To document relevant clinical nursing record using the standard charting format.
· To answer/respond to any query from the public on CKD matters and document it (phone call, walk-in or email etc.)
5. Competencies/Skills & Abilities:
· Maintains and applies evidence-based knowledge to the nursing process.
· Demonstrates leadership in areas such as chronic disease management, safety and health.
· Maintains a comprehensive understanding of health and social services as well as referral processes, including diagnostic services, specialist’s clinics, hospital care, rehabilitation and support programs and educational programs
· Ability to work independently and be self-directed
· Ability to work well with others including healthcare professionals
· Ability to delegate care appropriately
· Effective organizational, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt communication styles to meet the needs of patients, health team members and community partners
6. Areas of Expertise:
· Diabetes to include Insulin Management
· Hypertension and cardiovascular disease
· CKD Management
· Home visiting or community work is part of the nursing role. Hence, a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle may be required
Minimum Job Qualifications
1. Education: Diploma in nursing
2. Experience: Minimum of 2 years' experience as a registered nurse
3. Certificate/License: Registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board and possesses the current year of Nursing Practice Certificate (APC)
*Bachelor's degree / Post Basic Renal would be an added advantage.
We are an NGO that operates 28 dialysis centres which provide care to 1700 patients nationwide, with over 400 staff. We are now seeking a committed and service oriented person to fill the position in our company.
From our humble beginnings when we first registered in the year 1969, National Kidney Foundation of Malaysia (NKF) strives to raise the standards of care we provide to patients with kidney failure and those who are suffering from various kidney-related diseases. In 1993, we opened the doors of our first dialysis centre at Jalan Hang Lekiu, Kuala Lumpur. Over the years, NKF has grown tremendously with the support from many parties. NKF has expanded its role from being just a dialysis treatment provider, to becoming a one-stop national resource centre for all kidney-related matters.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Ipoh.