International Committee of the Red Cross is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Detention Doctor position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Participate to visits to prisons and immigration detention centres to assess the access to healthcare and provide technical advice.
- Contribute to the implementation of follow up tasks after a detention visit (follow up of individual cases and medical database).
- Contribute to the health reporting related to detention and migration activities.
- Together with the mobile doctor, give guidance on healthcare in detention in Malaysia.
- Map and network with health authorities and organisations.
- Organise medical assistance to places of detention.
- Together with the mobile doctor, identify healthcare in detention needs and develop the appropriate response.
- Coordinate the action with the protection team.
- Translate documents from Malay to English and vice-versa.
- Assist the Regional Delegation in the further development of its protection objectives, strategies and activities.
- Respect the ICRC's principle of confidentiality at all times.
- University Degree in Medicine (medical doctor).
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, attention to details.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Good communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia – knowledge of other languages of the region an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Malaysia.
- Knowledge of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working in an international organisation preferred.
- A national contract with a competitive compensation and social package.
- A challenging job in a learning organisation with development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an internationally renowned humanitarian organisation.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Kuala Lumpur.