Garden International School is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Health Centre Manager/Head of Nurse position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Manage the school’s 2 health centres
- Ensure that the school health centres are staffed and equipped to be able to provide basic first aid and/or health care to members of the school community
- Liaise between students, school personnel, families and health care providers
- Look for opportunities to support the school in promoting the value of a healthy lifestyle
- Support the school to remain a healthy environment for all members of the community
- Ensure systems and processes are up to date within the Health Centre handbook and adhered to in practise
- Maintain accurate logs of student visits to the Health Centre
- Create, update and maintain student health records
- Plan and manage the budget for the clinic
- Maintain medical and emergency equipment
- Oversee the work of others within the Health Centres
- Communicate with both Primary and Secondary Schools regarding issues with students
- Support students with medical concerns and keep all relevant staff informed
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student and family health issues
- Communicate with parents when a student is required to go home due to illness
- Collaborate with the counselling department, referring students with emotional and/or psychological issue, where appropriate.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the school community providing health articles via the school newsletter and daily bulletin
- As part of the school curriculum, facilitate classroom instruction on topics like hand washing, head lice, puberty, sun safety, drinking enough water, first aid, diet and exercise
- Participate in the Health & Safety and Cafeteria Committee meetings
- Inform Facilities Department about health/safety matters
- Encourage a healthy environment in the school setting
- Network with other school nurses within the region to remain current and informed
- Research and discuss key health and safety topics with appropriate agencies and GIS staff
- Support parents workshop programme by contributing to and/or recommending health related speakers
- Provide guidance and support for colleagues within the School, and the Health Centres in particular, including the passing on of job knowledge and skills
- Nursing qualifications. Managerial/leadership training would be a bonus
- Experience of school nursing, child psychology and counselling an advantage
- Excellent nursing skills
- Good personnel management skills
- Highly organise
- Ability to write and review SOPs for area of work
- Ability to collect and analyse data on Health Centre visits
- Ability to identify trends and areas of concern, from a Health and Safety perspective, providing solutions where possible
- Good IT skills to support with the administration side of the role
- A discreet and confidential employee
- Highly responsible
- Ability to lead a team effectively through building an ethos of trust and by investing in individual team member development
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A flexible and adaptable individual
- Courteous, calm and focused
- People oriented with warm and cheerful personality
- Highly presentable with a professional appearance
- Pro-active, mature and emotionally stable.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders: colleagues, parents, students and staff
GIS is one of the oldest and most distinguished schools in Malaysia with two locations, including the main campus in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur and an Early Years Centre in Desa Sri Hartamas. We provide British-based education for students ages 3 to 18 years of age across our Early Years Centre (Nursery to Reception), Primary School (Year 1 to Year 6) and Secondary School (Year 7 to Year 13).
GIS gives both teachers and administrative staff in Kuala Lumpur the opportunity to develop their professional skills through ongoing training, whilst working with best-in-class ICT facilities and keen, enthusiastic students and parents.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Selangor.