Subang Jaya Medical Centre is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Manager, Operating Theatre (Perianesthesia Services) position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- The Perianesthesia Services Manager is responsible to ensure the smooth running of perianesthesia procedures and practices.
- Manages, coordinates, and maintains a team of perianesthesia technicians and nurses within the assigned unit.
- Accountable for the professional and nursing activities to ensure high standard of care are maintained in perianesthesia service via the most cost-effective manner.
- Works with the Director, Nursing Services to develop, plan and exercise budgetary control to ensure compliance to revenue protocols.
- Plans for staff development and participates in Nursing Education Program.
- Schedules and assigns duties to professional and ancillary nursing personnel based on patients’ needs, available staff and unit requirements.
- Work closely with Operating Theatre Nursing Managers for optimum outcomes on surgery cases.
- Assists in the development of clinical policies and procedures and ensures effective implementation in the unit.
- Carries out emergency resuscitation procedures, both cardiac and respiratory in the absence of medical staff.
- Provides support for OT on-call team and doubles up for a second on-call team if required, in terms of perianesthesia services
- Attend departmental meeting and participates in relevant committees and task force meeting
- Conducts unit meeting to discuss plans and studies related to improvement of perianesthesia services
- Liaises with Bio Medical Department to control tests of new equipment and to establishes a maintenance service program in the unit.
- Responsible for organizing and planning duty roster and deploying available resources within the team effectively.
- Regularly monitor the training programs for the team and initiates the required programs to carry out the training
- Monitor and approve the monthly overtime claims on required staff hours worked.
- Participates in interview and selection of personnel for the unit.
- Assumes other responsibilities and related duties as may be assigned by the Director, Nursing Services from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or Degree in Nursing or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of supervisory working experience in the related field with post certification in area of specialization is required for this position.
- SRN Registered with the Nursing Board
- Post basic certificate in Perianesthesia Care or Critical Care Nursing is required.
- Preferably assistant manager in Healthcare - Nurse/Medical Support & Assistant or equivalent
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Computer literate
- Competent in Nursing Care Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Full-Time position(s) available.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Selangor.