Nexus International School Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Matron position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
b) To support the House Parents by ensuring the welfare and wellbeing of all of the boarders: the Matron requires understanding and sympathy with the boarders, balancing a friendly disposition with the need to maintain discipline.
c) To assist in setting the very highest standards of care in the boarding house and to understand the aims and objectives of boarding in the House as well as the principles on which community life in the boarding house is based.
d) To be resident within the House during term time and to be responsible to the House Parents for the general welfare of all the boarders in the House, in accordance with the School’s policies.
e) To ensure the safety and security of all boarders at all times when they are in the school’s charge.
f) To build a strong, personal relationship with each of the boarders in their care.
g) To assist duty staff in the provision of excellent pastoral care for the boarders in the House.
h) To create excellent relationships with parents and guardians and to respond to their concerns.
The duties and responsibilities below are illustrative. The position holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work on occasions that may not be shown below:
The Matron is responsible, along with the House Parents, for helping the pupils to settle into boarding house life by providing a sympathetic ear and providing pastoral support. The Matron will:
• Assist the House Parents in creating and sustaining a ‘home from home’ environment where the pupils will feel happy, safe and supported, and in which they will thrive individually and collectively.
The Matron is responsible for ensuring that the boarders receive appropriate medical treatment following illness or injury beyond the school day (the School Nurse will take this responsibility during school hours) and for ensuring that parents and guardians are appropriately informed. The Matron must also liaise with the House Parents regarding any medical treatment.
• Collate medical records of new boarders and, where appropriate, discuss any medical details with the House Parents and the School Nurse.
• Keep up-to-date records of the medical history of all boarders in the House.
• Collect, store and dispense boarders’ prescribed medication as appropriate.
• Ensure that medications are dispensed in line with the medical protocol policies.
• Record all treatments administered to the boarders.
• Liaise with the School Nurse and School Doctor over referral of boarders and their subsequent treatment.
• Administer first aid as appropriate.
• Keep the House Parents informed of the health of individual boarders as appropriate.
• Accompany boarders on hospital and dental visits.
• Keep the House Parents informed and, in conjunction with the House Parents, inform parents regularly of any health issues affecting their child.
The Matron will be responsible for the domestic duties within the House, ensuring that the boarders have clean clothes, which are repaired and replaced when necessary and will be responsible for the following:
• To ensure that all boarders’ clothing is properly labelled Hygiene, cleanliness and general duties.
• To oversee regular change of clothing, bed linen and towels.
• To check that the boarders’ clothing and bed linen are in a reasonable state of repair and that bed linen is being changed weekly.
• To keep a record of any individual items purchased on a boarder’s behalf.
• To check that the boarders are using the sports wash on a weekly basis.
• To be responsible, along with the House Parents, that the boarders rise at the appropriate time, make their beds, open their curtains and windows in the morning and attend meals.
• To supervise packing and tidying at the end of term in conjunction with the House Parents Boarding House Specialist.
• Ensure that any maintenance requirements are reported to the Estates Department to maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils for whom Matron is responsible or with whom she/he comes into contact with, in accordance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and reporting procedures.
• Be fully conversant with the School and House rules and communicate and pastoral/disciplinary concerns that she/he becomes aware of to the House Parents as soon as possible.
• Management of any flexible boarding booking system.
• To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Head.
Matron will have:
• A firm but fair and consistent outlook.
• Sound knowledge of safe medicine dispensation and first aid.
• Excellent communication skills.
• An empathy with the demands made of staff within a boarding house setting during term time.
• Flexibility as there will be occasions when additional hours are required outside of the normal shift patterns.
• A firm understanding of the need for confidentiality and discretion with regards to privileged information.
• Understanding of living in a boarding house with both staff and pupils.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Selangor.