Beacon Hospital Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Medical Physicist position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Responsible for maintenance and quality assurance of all radiation dosimetry standards and radiotherapy equipment including responsibilities for the calibration of dosimeters, implementation of dosimetry protocols, measurement of the characteristics of all treatment beams and the provision of dosimetry data for clinical treatment.
- To work closely with the radiotherapists and radiographers to ensure effective treatment planning and delivery of all modalities of radiotherapy by providing expertise on clinical dose distributions for individual patients, treatment simulation and verification, calculations and dose measurements for individual patients including in stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy procedures.
- Responsible for the handling of Brachytherapy sources.
- Verification of provision and maintenance of safety features including checks on interlocks and barriers designed to restrict access to controlled areas.
- Testing for leakage of radioactive material from sources used for brachytherapy.
- Assessment of radiation safety hazards and the preparation of contingency plans for such events such as fire in an area where radioactive sources are stored or used or in the event of lost sources.
- Environmental radiation monitoring of equipment and room shielding.
- To provide advice on the planning of new installations so that statutory regulations pertaining to radiation shielding is complied with including advice on equipment specification and performance.
- Responsible for commissioning of new radiotherapy equipment before it can be used clinically.
- Responsible for the provision of comprehensive Quality Assurance (QA) programs to ensure the correct and safe functioning of all treatment and treatment planning units and simulators.
- Responsible that effective maintenance arrangement is implemented for all radiation emitting and radiation calibration equipment.
- To ensure sufficient knowledge in terms of radiation protection and radiation safety.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all medical records.
- To exercise courtesy at all times.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Medical Physicist/ Medical Director/Management.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Selangor.