Hospis Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Palliative Care Nurse and Support Nurse position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Hospis Malaysia provides palliative care to patients and their carers in the home. The goal of palliative care is to improve the quality of life of patients with life-limiting illnesses. An important part of maintaining quality of life is providing excellent nursing care. The role of a Palliative Care Nurse / Support Nurse is to work with the palliative care team to enhance the care for such patients. We are looking for motivated nurses and support nurses to provide basic nursing care to patients in their homes and to teach their informal carers to care for their loved ones when they require nursing care.
• Knowledgeable, skilled and compassionate
• Good communication skills
• Positive learning aptitude and interest in people
• Prior experience in oncology and palliative care will be an advantage
• Extensive training will be provided
2. SUPPORT NURSE
• Providing personal care for the bedridden patient including hair shampooing
• Teaching informal carers how to position patients to prevent pressure sores
• Dressing wounds (pressure wounds, fungating wounds)
• Changing catherters and nasogatric tubes
• Excellent communication skills and an understanding of the concerns of patients and families facing a life-limiting illness
For a better understanding of the work of palliative care nurses see
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing
- Registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board
- Able to write and speak in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Ability to speak in Mandarin would be advantageous
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field
- Possess a valid driving license and willing to travel within the Klang Valley
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Kuala Lumpur.