Regen Rehabilitation International is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Pharmacist position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Position Purpose & Summary
The pharmacist ensures the provision of pharmaceutical services throughout the hospital and smooth pharmacy operation. The pharmacist is accountable for an effective and efficient hospital medication management system.
- Manages daily operations of the department to ensure smooth operations and provision of services.
- Supervises junior pharmacists and pharmacist assistants on all activities related to medication management system comprising of checking/verifying orders, entering medication orders, preparing and dispensing of medications.
- Coordinate Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee meeting on medication use, review of medication error and review of hospital drug formulary.
- Performs all dispensing related functions: checking and verifying orders, preparing, labeling and dispensing individual medications in accordance with doctor’s prescriptions, compounding injectable and non-injectable pharmaceutical preparation using proper aseptic technique.
- Contacts physicians regarding any questions or irregularities regarding medication uses. Document all recommendations and corrective actions taken.
- Perform antibiotic stewardship activities by reviewing use of antibiotics in the hospital.
- Participates in clinical activities which include but not limited to: attending Team Conference, conducting medication management teaching, processing drug information inquiries and consulting patients and families on discharge medications.
- Serves as a resource to other departments for information related to medication use.
- Consults with physician and nursing staff concerning availability, form, side effect and incompatibilities of currently available drugs.
- Maintains pharmaceutical supplies/inventories and related activities which include and not limited to selection and procurement, storage and ordering to ensure compliance to all applicable Malaysia Laws, professional practice requirements and hospital policies.
- Ensure availability of formulary drugs at the designated areas to ensure as possible, uninterrupted supply to meet patient needs.
- Assure the security of dangerous and controlled drugs and other pharmaceutical products’ use and storage are maintained at all times and its inventory is accurate and up to date.
- Maintains the cleanliness, safety and security of work areas, equipment and dispensing tools to ensure organized and high quality of work.
Quality Assurance Program
- Participates in hospital patient safety, quality risk management and support quality improvement programs as appropriate.
- Develops medication error and adverse drug reaction reporting program; monitors and analyses medication errors and provide regular report to relevant hospital committees.
- Reports emerging risks, incidents, accidents, injuries and work-related illness
- Develops training and drug education programs for internal and external clients.
- Plans continuous pharmacy education that includes regular drug education needs to maintain a level of competency required for the pharmacy position.
- Participates in unit orientation program, preceptorship programs and professional improvement activities to enhance service standards
- Provides exemplary patient/customer service throughout organization.
- Resolves patient complaint according to established complaint management process
Professional Experience / Minimum Requirements
- Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia
- Strong communication skills
- Management and supervisory skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills an emotional intelligence
- Computer Literate
- Possess clinical pharmacy experience in a hospital or relevant healthcare setting
- This position may occasionally require ability to supervise and lead others; Individual and/or Department set-up.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Petaling Jaya.