Penang Adventist Hospital is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Radiation Therapist cum Diagnostics Radiographer position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Perform daily patient treatment with highest accuracy and approved treatment plans.
- Perform treatment delivery with wide range of techniques from conformal, IMRT, IGRT and VMAT techniques.
- Perform daily patient verification checks prior treatment delivery.
- Perform various simulation procedures as prescribed by the Clinical Oncologist.
- Well versed in utilizing various patient immobilization devices to meet the required standard of accuracy.
- Perform daily machine warm up and checks to ensure machines are functioning optimally.
- Involve in patient education and in providing adequate information on the radiation treatment, potential side effects and managements of associated side effects.
- Well versed in the operation of highly sophisticated equipments such as Linear Accelerator machine, CT Simulator machine and other equipments in the department.
- Perform custom block mounting for required patients prior to treatment.
- Assist the superior staff in the development of appropriate policies and procedures for the department.
- Maintenance of documentation and records pertaining to patient treatment records.
- Maintenance of stock items clinical supplies and accessories in the department.
- Maintenance and safe keeping of immobilization devices and equipments used for radiotherapy.
- Actively attends CME and takes initiative to update knowledge on current practices in radiotherapy field.
- Understanding and adhering to emergency preparedness plans/policies.
- Perform daily QC for the CT scanner and warming up procedures.
- Preparing and operating the CT scanner and positioning patients for the imaging procedure.
- Administering oral or intravenous contrast to patients before a scan.
- Well versed in the operation of the injector and contrast administration.
- Perform various CT scan protocol if needed as prescribed by the Radiologist.
- Complete administrative work, such as recording the scan time and requesting scans.
- Bachelor in Radiotherapy/ Diagnostic Imaging or its equivalent.
- Preferably with experience in principle of radiotherapy treatment delivery
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated and confident when dealing with physician
- Ability to solve problems independently for alternative solutions.
- Know how to perform CPR and undergone Basic Life Support training (BLS)
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Penang.