TENBY SCHOOLS PENANG is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for School Nurse position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Determine whether a student needs to be excused or return to class when feeling unwell
- Contact parents in a timely manner once a decision has been made to send a student home
- Inform and advise parents when a referral to a GP or other professional is required.
- Provide continuing care for pupils with chronic medical conditions in consultation with their medical advisors
- Maintain accurate data on student’s medical conditions and allergies
- Share findings with the Campus Principal in line with our Safeguarding policy
- Provide a responsive ‘call out’ service for all emergencies on campus and request emergency services where appropriate
- Provide and maintain first aid kits on the school campus
- Provide appropriate care plans, first aid kits and trip medication kits for field trips, adjusting contents according to grade level, activity and length of time away from campus.
- To liaise with relevant regulatory bodies on issues pertaining to students’ health, physical examinations (vision and hearing) and immunization in the School and maintain all documentations related to this.
- Prepare care plans for students with medical conditions.
- Help to organise talks and exhibitions on student health as and when required.
- Prepare monthly reports on illness and accidents and ensure these are appropriately logged on the school’s Health and Safety platform.
- Liaise with parents regarding the administering of medication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or current practicing certificate with the Malaysian Board of Nursing or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience post completion of nursing programme.
- Enjoy working with children and able to support their emotional as well as physical needs
- Previous working experience within an International School community would be advantageous
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) in English
- Knowledge of First Aid Response/Care practices.
- Comfortable working with children from diverse cultural, linguistic backgrounds, and children with special needs.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Understand and respects the school’s lines of communication.
- Good interpersonal skills and professional confidence.
- Work well within a team and independently.
- Friendly and caring disposition
- Computer literate, excellent record keeping and good organisation skills are vital to this role.
- Able to be at work from 7.30 am – 4.30 pm (Monday to Friday)
- Continuous professional development
- Guidance and mentoring (to help you reach your fullest potential and further develop your expertise and soft skills)
- You will be surrounded by highly dedicated and helpful colleagues
- You will have the exposure and opportunity to build your portfolio as a school nurse
- Make a significant difference in the world by touching the lives of students.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic school setting where the wellbeing of students is our highest priority
- Be part of a school that is focused on becoming the school of choice in Penang
- Interested applicants are required to upload cover letter together with your full curriculum vitae.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
The school works with relevant agencies to establish and maintain systems to protect children. We are responsible for ensuring the welfare, health and well-being of all children and young people. We create a vigilant organisational culture which monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all considerations.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Penang.