We are looking for a Sports Trainer; a recognized professional who demonstrates advanced competencies in the promotion of safe physical activity participation, provision of advice, and adaptation of rehabilitation and training interventions, for the purposes of preventing injury, restoring optimal function, and contributing to the enhancement of sports performance, in athletes of all ages and abilities, while ensuring a high standard of professional and ethical practice.
Our Sports Trainer will work in the elite athlete individual athletes or teams setting in competitive and professional sports and integrating with other medical professionals, coaches, strength and conditioning personnel and other support staff.
- Athlete or Sportsperson representing state (SUKMA) or national (Malaysia) team.
- Have experienced participating in athletic events and competitive sports including State (SUKMA) or National Level, according to established rules and regulations
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in training athletes especially national athletes.
- Have passion to practice continual professional development and should be striving to better their abilities, just like athletes do.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve goals
- Possess physiotherapy, strength and conditioning, and stretching knowledge
- Good communication skills command of English Language.
Roles of Sports Trainer:
1. Manager of client/patient:
· Injury Prevention
Assess the risk of injury associated with the participation in a specific sport or physical activity, inform and train athletes, coaches and other members of the multidisciplinary team in such a way that there is a reduction in occurrence and recurrence of specific injuries.
· Acute Intervention
Respond appropriately to an acute injury or illness in various contexts, such as training or competition
Utilize clinical reasoning and therapeutic skills to assess and diagnose sports-related injuries. Design, implement, evaluate and modify evidence-based interventions that aim for a safe return to the athlete's optimal level of performance in their specific sport or physical activity
2. Performance Enhancement:
Contribute to the enhancement of the athlete's performance through evaluation of the athlete's physical and performance-related profile and advise or intervene to optimize performance in a specific sport, within a multidisciplinary team approach
· Promotion of a Safe, Active Lifestyle
Competent in working together with other professionals in the multidisciplinary team environment to promote safe participation in sports and physical activity for individuals of all abilities. Provide evidence-based advice regarding the optimal activity or sport for a specific individual as well as advice on the ways to minimize risk of injury and promote health.
· Promotion of Fair Play and Anti-Doping Practices
Participate and promote safe, professional and ethical sporting practices. Strongly advocate for fair play and their duty of care for the athlete.
4. Professional Leader:
· Life-Long Learning
Maintain and improve their clinical standards by critical, reflective and evidence-based approaches to practice. Engage in a continual process of learning and teaching throughout their career and collaborate actively with other professionals.
· Professionalism and
Competent in the of time, resources and personnel, promote and facilitate professional development and excellence.
· Research Involvement
Inform and evaluate practice in relation to new information. Identify questions for further study and invest and involve in research that addresses these questions at various levels.
· Dissemination of Best Practice
Disseminate new information and research to other professionals within the multidisciplinary team set-up through different media such as team communications, conferences, special interest groups, research collaborations, meetings as well as published material such as reports, journals promotional documents, newsletters and the internet.
· Extending Practice through Innovation
Encourage and promote the application and integration of new knowledge and innovation within the multidisciplinary team practice and decision-making processes and also influence further research and innovation directions.
- Being professional
- Good personal qualities
- Being accessible
- Good communication skills
- Have an interest in the athletes that they are working with
- Being open-minded with regards to athletes' ideas regarding their and the use of other practitioners