International Specialist Eye Centre ISEC is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Staff Nurse position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Staff Nurse OT
1. Participate and ensure all patients are given safe and high quality perioperative care. 2. As a scrub or circulating nurse during patient’s surgery and ensure all OT procedures are strictly adhered to e.g. time out procedure
3. Practice high standard of aseptic technique, observe and implement Infection Prevention and Control SOP 4. Ensure that all medical equipment is in good working conditions and to report if they are faulty to the superior.
5. Ensure that all surgical instruments are in good working condition and to request for replacement if damaged or faulty.
6. Ensure that sterilization of all surgical instruments follows the correct sterilization guidelines and their storage and usage as per the organization SOP.
7. Ensure that all surgical supplies and drugs for surgeries are available and are within the expiry date.
8. Ensure that the resuscitation trolley is sufficiently stocked, all drugs are within the expiry date and the defibrillator is working and battery charged.
9. Maintained up to date and accurate inventory on all consumable items, drugs, equipment and instruments in the OT
10. Assist in the training and supervision of all OT staff.
11. To report to the superior on all incidents/accidents that happened to patient and staff in the OT
12. To attend and participate in all training and in service educational program for professional development.
13. To carry out any other duties as directed by the Management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION (Staff Nurse Day Care)
1) Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating the followings :
· Assess the patient, collect and document the patients’ current health status and medical history, make accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's status and respond appropriately.
· Plan and Implement: Set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patients need. The plan of care is initiated on patients admission based on all aspects of the initial assessment. Plan includes physiological, psychosocial and environmental factors :
Patient/ relatives teaching post op education and discharge planning.
· Document accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status, includes evidence of teaching.
2) Perform direct patient care ,utilizing established procedures, policies and standards in ISEC
· Administer medications according to policy and procedures, knowledgeable of all medications, reactions and dosage requirements
· Demonstrates ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatment and procedures able to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner
· Give accurate and thorough nursing report.
3) Accountable and responsible for patient or visitor in ISEC
4) Plan and /or participate in Continuing Education Activities as required to renew nursing
5) To carry out any other duties as directed by the Management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION (Pharmacy)
1. Screening of medication orders.
2. Preparing, checking and dispensing of medications.
3. Providing drug information to patients, doctors and nurses.
4. Reporting on Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR), if any.
5. Selling or recommending of over-the-counter (OTC) products.
6. Provide support to research conducted, in collaboration with doctors and colleagues in the organization.
7. Ensure proper storage of all medications.
8. Preparing and supplying of medications to other departments.
9. Disposal of expired and non-conforming medications.
10. Monitoring of medication errors.
11. Managing stocks at the pharmacy.
12. Managing drug formulary at the pharmacy.
13. Managing controlled medications, Psychotropic Substances and Dangerous Drugs and their records.
14. Handling of sample drugs from suppliers.
15. Tracking and maintenance of records at the pharmacy.
16. Prepare, revise and implement policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to pharmacy practice.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Sibu.