International Specialist Eye Centre ISEC is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Staff Nurse - Sibu, Sarawak position. If you currently looking for new healthcare job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Staff Nurse - OT/Day Care/Pharmacy
1) Participate and ensure all patients are given safe and high-quality perioperative care. 2) Ensure all OT procedures are strictly adhered to e.g. time out procedure 3) Practice high standard of aseptic technique, observe and implement Infection Prevention and Control SOP 4) Ensure that all medical equipment is in good working conditions and report if they are faulty.5) Ensure that all surgical instruments are in good working condition and to request for a replacement if damaged or faulty.6) Ensure that sterilization of all surgical instruments follows the correct sterilization guidelines and their storage and usage as per the organization's SOP.7) Ensure that all surgical supplies and drugs for surgeries are available and are within the expiry date.8) Ensure that the resuscitation trolley is sufficiently stocked, all drugs are within the expiry date and the defibrillator is working and battery charged.9) Maintained up to date and accurate inventory on all consumable items, drugs, equipment and instruments in the OT10) Assist in the training and supervision of all OT staff 11) To report to the superior on all incidents/accidents that happened to patient and staff in the OT 12) To attend and participate in all training and in-service education program for professional development. 13) Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating the followings :
- Assess the patient, collect and document the patients’ current health status and medical history, make an accurate and ongoing assessment of the patient's status and respond appropriately.
- Plan and Implement: Set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patients' needs. The plan of care is initiated on patients' admission based on all aspects of the initial assessment. The plan includes physiological, psychosocial and environmental factors:
Patient/relatives teaching post op education and dischargeplanning.
- Document accurate and ongoing assessment of patients status, includes evidence of teaching.
14) Perform direct patient care, utilizing established procedures, policies and standards.
- Administer medications according to policy and procedures, knowledgeable of all medications, reactions and dosage requirements
- Demonstrates ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatment and procedures able to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner
- Give accurate and thorough nursing reports
15) Accountable and responsible for patient or visitor16) Plan and /or participate in Continuing Education Activities as required to renew a nursing license. 17) Screening of medication orders.18) Preparing, checking and dispensing of medications.19) Providing drug information to patients, doctors and nurses.20) Reporting on Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR), if any.21) Provide support to research conducted, in collaboration with doctors in the organization.22) Ensure proper storage of all medications.23) Disposal of expired and non-conforming medications.24) Monitoring of medication errors.25) Managing stocks at the pharmacy.26) Managing drug formulary at the pharmacy.27) Managing controlled medications, Psychotropic Substances and dangerous Drugs and their records.28) Handling of sample drugs from suppliers.29) Tracking and maintenance of records at the pharmacy.30) Prepare, revise and implement policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to pharmacy practice.
International Specialist Eye Centre (ISEC) at Centrepoint South, MidValley City, ISEC (Penang) at Jalan Burma, Penang, ISEC (Sibu) Sdn Bhd at Sibu, Sarawak, Southern Specialist Eye Centre (SSEC) at Taman Melaka Raya, Indah Specialist Eye Centre, Taman Bukit Indah, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia are centers of excellence in ophthalmology, specifically in clinical care, teaching and research. We strive to provide high quality, compassionate, world-class eyecare at an affordable level to the local and regional community. ISEC provides a full range of tertiary specialty services, ranging from sophisticated laser eye surgery (LASIK), to the most complex vitreoretinal, orbital reconstruction and complex corneal transplantation surgeries. Our clinical decisions are made based on patient’s interests and contemporary evidence-based medicine. The clinical judgment of our team of subspecialty trained and comprehensive ophthalmologists are influenced by well established clinical guidelines and extensive experiences in the specialty.
Practice Profile The vision of establishing a world-class facility in eye care, particularly in subspecialty ophthalmology has its roots in 2007, when a group of highly trained colleagues from within the profession sought to build a centre of excellence in eye care delivery. The strength of ISEC is in its ophthalmologists. Our eye surgeons hold impressive credentials, are generally regarded as key opinion leaders in their field. They had held consulting positions at prominent local teaching university hospitals, and are among the leading eye surgeons in the country. Our fellowship-trained eye surgeons possess the necessary training and clinical experiences with previous clinical appointments from renowned eye centres in Singapore, India, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. Today, ISEC serves more than 50,000 patient consultations and performs more than 5000 major eye operations annually. A large number of our patients traveled far afield to seek consultation and services from our team of highly trained eye doctors.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream hospital job in Sibu.
Join HospitalKini social media group right now !!
Get the latest healtcare jobs information directly from your fav social media, either